Procedures for Golfers During COVID-19 Pandemic
Greensmere Golf & Country Club
Revised April 13th, 2021
Your patience and cooperation in following these guidelines are essential to being able to provide a safe and enjoyable golfing experience to everyone.
Not following these guidelines could result in a golfer being asked to leave the property immediately without reimbursement.
Masks are required to be worn while in all common areas around the clubhouse. This means that masks are to be worn upon exiting your vehicle and remain on until you are on the first tee to start your round. Masks must be worn if using the clubhouse area during your round of golf and after completion of your round until you are seated back in your vehicle.
Please do not visit our golf facility if you:
- are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (Please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ to complete a self-assessment)
- have been in contact with someone in the last 14 days who is known to have tested positive for COVID-19
- have been outside of Canada in the last 14 days
BOOKING A TEE TIME
- Tee times can be made online or by phone
- 10/12 minute tee time intervals will be used to limit the number of golfers on the course at one time
- ALL players’ names must be included in any booking
- It is strongly encouraged that all players set up their booking profile to include a credit card for payment. This will allow for contact-free payment upon check-in and remove wait times to access in-person payments in the pro shop
- Due to limitations with the booking engine, carts may still be reserved, but will be adjusted at the time of check-in at a rate of $22.12 for a single person cart or $33.62 for a household cart ($16.81 per seat)
- Adding a payment method can be done by logging into your Chronogolf account and proceeding to “Settings” > “Payment Method” > "Grant permission" to Greensmere Golf & Country Club
- Our pro shop staff will also assist with setting this up by phone or in-person
- Credit card info is secured and encrypted by our online payment provider, Stripe
- If required, individual payments can still be made in person (just consider there may be wait times to access the pro shop)
ARRIVING FOR YOUR TEE TIME
- Use of face mask is required at all times in any of our indoor/outdoor common areas of theproperty. This includes the parking lot, practice green, clubhouse/patio area, and any other time where maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet is not possible. Masks may be removed upon the start of your round of golf.
- All golfers entering our property must have a scheduled tee time.
- Please arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your tee time
- An ambassador at the front gate will greet all golfers and provide cart keys and range tokens if they have been reserved with a credit card on file
- Golfers will be directed to the pro shop area if required to complete any payments
- With payment completed, please report to the first tee no later than 5 minutes before your tee time
- While in the parking lot, please follow safe physical distancing practices by staying 6 feet away from other golfers and avoid socializing in large groups
- Power carts will be rented for shared or single-player use.
- Masks are mandatory while riding in a shared cart. (Golfers living in the same household do not need to wear masks)
- Power carts will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use
- Golfers will be asked to return power carts to the cleaning area and dispose of all garbage in the provided garbage cans
ON THE COURSE
- Golfers will be required to follow safe physical distancing practices at all times by:
-Remaining 6 feet (2 meters) apart at all times
-Not touching other player’s equipment (clubs, balls, tees, etc.)
-Not touching the flagstick
- We have modified the cups to allow for easy ball retrieval
- Many on course items such as bunker rakes, ball washers, and benches have been removed
- Immediately after completing a round of golf, please put your mask back on while you make your way through the clubhouse common areas.
- Golfers will be asked to return to their vehicle and exit the property
- Access to the driving range will be allowed in the following ways:
-Adding a warm-up bucket of balls to any tee time reservation
-Booking a 30-minute range session (We have set up “tee times” for our driving range as a separate course at 15-minute intervals)
- Charges shown on a booking will be applicable for non-range-members
- Range tokens, baskets, and balls will be sanitized between each use
- Please follow all signage on the driving range including instructions for getting and returning your range basket
- Our pro shop area will be available to check in one customer at a time
- Access to the pro shop area will be at the front door with the line starting on the interlock path
- Our pro shop staff will be available to help complete payments for tee times only.
- Shopping is not permitted in our pro shop and we have a selection of merchandise is available for purchase at shop.greensmere.com with quick and easy curbside pick-up.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- The food counter will be open with a limit of one customer inside at a time
- Access will be at the back door of the clubhouse with the line starting outside
- The beverage carts will provide refreshments while driving both courses
- Food service is limited to takeout only and the patio is currently closed
- Our on-course washrooms are available with hand-washing and sanitizing stations. Please sanitize your hands before and after use.
- The indoor washrooms can be accessed from the back entrance of the clubhouse. One person at a time. Please close the washroom door during use and leave the washroom door open after use to signify that it is available for the next guest.
- Club storage is not available at this time
- Masks are mandatory while in the parking lot
- Please follow safe physical distancing practices by staying 6 feet (2 meters) from other golfers
- Avoid socializing in large groups in the parking lot
- Please do not socialize in the parking lot after your round. We kindly ask that you return to your vehicle after your round and exit the property